LOCATION : Marseille
START DATE : November 2020
1. Position Summary
The New Oxatis Group is looking for a Marketplace Developer.
The role will report to the Front-End Leader of New Oxatis.
In collaboration with IT Teams, the Developer will help build New Oxatis NextGen platform using Java Programming.
2. About CMA CGM & CEVA & New Oxatis
The CMA CGM Group, founded by Jacques R. Saadé in 1978, is a world leader in transport and logistics committed to energy transition. Now headed by Rodolphe Saadé, CMA CGM reinvents transport and logistics in order to offer an integrated maritime, port and land service that exceeds its customers’ expectations. Present in over 160 countries through 755 offices, 750 warehouses, equipped with a young and diverse fleet of 511 vessels, CMA CGM serves 420 of the world’s 521 commercial ports and operates on more than 200 shipping lines. The Group currently employs 110,000 people worldwide, including 2,500 in Marseille, its headquarters.
On March 26th, 2020, the commercial court of Marseille selected CMA CGM – Lundi Matin consortium to take over Oxatis Group which had previously filed for bankruptcy.
In 2019, Oxatis Group has generated ~€15m revenues, including 74% from Oxatis (ecommerce platform) and 26% from Channel Pilot Solutions (marketplace feed engine). It serves about 10k customers, mostly small for New Oxatis, and medium to large for CPS.
Following the acquisition, CMA CGM decided to rebrand temporarily Oxatis to New Oxatis to mark the difference with the past. Today, New Oxatis Group has ~190 team members, located in France, Germany and the UK. Its headquarters are in Marseille.
Rodolphe Saadé strongly believes in the potential and expertise of New Oxatis. E-commerce is a sector which continues to show double-digit annual growth, at a worldwide and European level. Ambition is to build a leading e-commerce platform open to third-party solutions (payment solutions, ERP, etc.), connected to the largest marketplaces (Amazon, Rakuten, Google Shopping, etc.). By adding the services of our CEVA Logistics subsidiary, objective is to provide a unique solution combining e-commerce platforms and logistics services. We’re convinced to be able to outperform the sector growth and become profitable.
Therefore, Rodolphe Saadé has confirmed to perform a significant investment to allow New Oxatis to build a new Platform and enable its capacity to compete with other significant players (Shopify, Magento, Big Commerce, …). The first version of the new Platform is expected to be delivered by Q1 2021.
Due to disruptive nature of this new platform, we’re looking for a strong Marketplace Developer to help deliver this bold ambition.
3. Position Responsibilities
- Report to the Front-end Leader
- Build connectors for integration of major worldwide marketplaces with Channel Pilot Solutions
- Collaborate with back-end and front-end developers
- Participate in design sessions with key stakeholders
- Develop testable (automated testing, unit tests and functional tests), reusable, and efficient code
- Provide technical support
4. Technical Stack and environment
- Channel Pilot Solutions international solutions
- NodeJS (Express, Nest, webpack…)
- ReactJS / NextJS (PWA mobile first with SSR)
- Unit tests (Jest)
- Docker, Kubernetes
- JIRA / Gitlab
- Agile organisation
5. Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, or similar
- Experience with Headless solutions development, eCommerce and CMS solutions would be a nice have
- Fluent in French & English
- Good interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
- Comfortable working with an agile team