LOCATION : Marseille or Paris
START DATE : October 2020
1. Position Summary
The Product Owner will be part of the New Oxatis Group. The role will report to the Product Manager of New Oxatis Group and in relation to the Chief Marketing Officer and the Chief Technical Officer. In collaboration with business and IT departments, the Product Owner will participate in the deployment of the new SaaS Platform from the ground up, creating a product across various verticals with international ambition. The Product Owner should have the ability to hit the ball running, move fast, communicate effectively and pay attention to the details that matter.
2. About CMA CGM & CEVA & New Oxatis
The CMA CGM Group, founded by Jacques R. Saadé in 1978, is a world leader in transport and logistics committed to energy transition. Now headed by Rodolphe Saadé, CMA CGM reinvents transport and logistics in order to offer an integrated maritime, port and land service that exceeds its customers’ expectations. The Group currently employs 110,000 people worldwide, including 2,500 in Marseille, its headquarters.
On March 26th, 2020, the commercial court of Marseille selected CMA CGM – Lundi Matin consortium to take over Oxatis Group.
New Oxatis Group, editor of e-commerce solutions, has ~190 team members, located in France, Germany, the UK and Spain. Its headquarters are in Marseille.
In 2019, Oxatis Group has generated ~€15m revenues, and serves about 10k customers across Europe.
Rodolphe Saadé strongly believes in the potential and expertise of New Oxatis. E-commerce is a sector which continues to show double-digit annual growth, at a worldwide and European level. Ambition is to build a leading e-commerce platform opened to third-party solutions and connected to the largest marketplaces. By adding the services of our CEVA Logistics subsidiary, our objective is to provide a unique solution combining e-commerce platforms and logistics services.
Therefore, Rodolphe Saadé has confirmed to perform a significant investment to allow New Oxatis to build a new Platform and enable its capacity to compete with other significant players (Shopify, Magento, Big Commerce, …). The first version of the new Platform is expected to be delivered by Q1 2021.
3. Position Responsibilities
- You want to work on an ambitious, complex international project
- You will own and groom your backlog based on a roadmap defined by executives and product managers
- You will work closely with 2 other Product Owners to deliver the roadmap
- You will ruthlessly prioritise elements for each sprint
- You will be in charge of animating and/or participating in key daily, weekly and sprint rituals
- You will be in charge of communicating clear User Stories and Acceptance criteria to Scrum Masters and Dev teams
- You will be in charge of validating developments in collaboration with Q&A
4. Skills & Qualifications
- You have minimum 5 years experience as a Product Owner, ideally in eCommerce or one of its verticals (payment, shipping, marketplaces, etc)
- You are familiar with SaaS software in a B2B or B2C environment, ideally in a platform model
- You master Agile frameworks, its roles, rituals and tools (Jira)
- You have exceptional written and oral communication, with IT teams, users and business stakeholder
- You are fluent in English – more than 50% of the role is in English
- You are available immediately