LOCATION : Marseille
START DATE : September 2020
1. Position Summary
The Lead Solution Architect will be part of the New Oxatis Group. The role will report to the Chief Technology Officer of New Oxatis Group and in relation to the Chief Digital & Transformation Officer of CEVA Logistics. In collaboration with business departments (Sales, Marketing, Professional Services) and Channel Pilot Solutions, the Lead Solution Architect will be responsible to design and closely follow the developments of the new SaaS Platform from the ground up. He/she will provide the guidelines, best practices, design principles & patterns to the development teams of the group.
2. About CMA CGM & CEVA & New Oxatis
The CMA CGM Group, founded by Jacques R. Saadé in 1978, is a world leader in transport and logistics committed to energy transition. Now headed by Rodolphe Saadé, CMA CGM reinvents transport and logistics in order to offer an integrated maritime, port and land service that exceeds its customers’ expectations. Present in over 160 countries through 755 offices, 750 warehouses, equipped with a young and diverse fleet of 511 vessels, CMA CGM serves 420 of the world’s 521 commercial ports and operates on more than 200 shipping lines. The Group currently employs 110,000 people worldwide, including 2,500 in Marseille, its headquarters.
On March 26th, 2020, the commercial court of Marseille selected CMA CGM – Lundi Matin consortium to take over Oxatis Group.
New Oxatis Group has ~190 team members, located in France, Germany, the UK and Spain. Its headquarters are in Marseille.
In 2019, Oxatis Group has generated ~€15m revenues, and serves about 10k customers across Europe.
Rodolphe Saadé strongly believes in the potential and expertise of New Oxatis. E-commerce is a sector which continues to show double-digit annual growth, at a worldwide and European level. Ambition is to build a leading e-commerce platform opened to third-party solutions and connected to the largest marketplaces. By adding the services of our CEVA Logistics subsidiary, our objective is to provide a unique solution combining e-commerce platforms and logistics services.
Therefore, Rodolphe Saadé has confirmed to perform a significant investment to allow New Oxatis to build a new Platform and enable its capacity to compete with other significant players (Shopify, Magento, Big Commerce, …). The first version of the new Platform is expected to be delivered by Q1 2021.
Due to disruptive nature of this new platform, we’re looking for strong hands-on solution architect that can get his hands dirty on the full stack devOps landscape to help deliver this bold ambition.
3. Position Responsibilities
- Lead Platform Architect reporting to the CTO
- Design, develop and deploy a modern SaaS E-commerce platform to replace an aging platform and meet the needs of merchants
- Definition of the NewOxatis Group strategy on all digital technical projects including Data Analytics
- Design SaaS web platforms and interfaces with the back office and information system
- Monitor actions on technological and sectoral innovations
- Coordination of technical service providers
- Collaborate closely with Product Management team on the business capabilities roadmap of the SaaS ecommerce platform
4. Skills & Qualifications
- Master of Computer Science from an engineering school or University
- Solid experience (at least 7/8 years) in web technical development & Object-Oriented Programing
- Fluent in French & English
- Expertise in digital and in different languages and development frameworks / important technological culture
- Mastery of agile methodologies
- Strength of conviction to recommend technological choices
- Quality of listening and empathy
- Federation and conciliation
- Nice to have certifications: TOGAF, AWS, Scrum, ….