LOCATION : Marseille
START DATE : November 2020
1. Position Summary
The Test Engineer will be part of the New Oxatis Group. The role will report to the Test and Validation Leader.
In collaboration with Product Owners and IT Teams, a Test Leader is required to define a test strategy that will be aligned with the organization objectives and functional requirements. The Test Engineer will design and setup tests cases using Platforms Testing tools.
2. About CMA CGM & CEVA & New Oxatis
The CMA CGM Group, founded by Jacques R. Saadé in 1978, is a world leader in transport and logistics committed to energy transition. Now headed by Rodolphe Saadé, CMA CGM reinvents transport and logistics in order to offer an integrated maritime, port and land service that exceeds its customers’ expectations. Present in over 160 countries through 755 offices, 750 warehouses, equipped with a young and diverse fleet of 511 vessels, CMA CGM serves 420 of the world’s 521 commercial ports and operates on more than 200 shipping lines. The Group currently employs 110,000 people worldwide, including 2,500 in Marseille, its headquarters.
On March 26th, 2020, the commercial court of Marseille selected CMA CGM – Lundi Matin consortium to take over Oxatis Group.
New Oxatis Group has ~190 team members, located in France, Germany, the UK and Spain. Its headquarters are in Marseille.
In 2019, Oxatis Group has generated ~€15m revenues, and serves about 10k customers across Europe.
Rodolphe Saadé strongly believes in the potential and expertise of New Oxatis. E-commerce is a sector which continues to show double-digit annual growth, at a worldwide and European level. Ambition is to build a leading e-commerce platform opened to third-party solutions and connected to the largest marketplaces. By adding the services of our CEVA Logistics subsidiary, our objective is to provide a unique solution combining e-commerce platforms and logistics services.
Therefore, Rodolphe Saadé has confirmed to perform a significant investment to allow New Oxatis to build a new Platform and enable its capacity to compete with other significant players (Shopify, Magento, Big Commerce, …). The first version of the new Platform is expected to be delivered by Q1 2021.
Due to the workload of creating a new platform while the legacy platform continues to live, we’re looking for a strong Test Leader to help deliver this bold ambition.
3. Position Responsibilities
- Report to the Test and Validation Leader
- Take ownership of Quality Assurance processes and continuous improvement of functional and non-functional testing within an agile team, including but not limited to Agile QA, Integration testing, Regression testing, Automated testing, Technical Testing, Performance Testing, Stress/Load testing, Security testing
- Identify how the test strategy will be aligned with the organization objectives
- Provide end to end software testing (Front to back end systems)
- Perform as part of an agile team, utilizing agile best practices
- Contribute to the agile process through story development, backlog refinement, and responding to ad-hoc changes to customer priorities
- Write test cases and test scenarios based on the acceptance criteria defined for the user story
- Contribute to automated testing solutions setup, ensuring code can be adequately and consistently tested, satisfies requirements, and is of the highest quality
- Review unit tests, integration tests, ensuring best practice
- Create reporting, tracking and alerting of test metrics to inform team leads and other designated management officials of the results of testing activities
- Document and report the results of testing activities
4. Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, or similar
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Test Lead (Strategy, planning, setup, monitoring, and control of the testing activities and tasks)
- Strong experience of maintaining quality control in a software development environment
- Good knowledge of e-commerce ecosystem
- Good experience of writing test scripts and running testing automation with automation frameworks and CI/CD pipelines
- Good experience of testing in an Agile development environment
- Experience in test-driven or behavior-driven development environments
- Experience in setting up and using management reporting tools
- JIRA project management software experience would be a nice have
- Fluent in French & English